The Community Respect & Equality Project
The Community, Respect & Equality initiative aims to inspire, innovate and connect community leaders, sectors and service organisations, and government to work together on creative and sustainable strategies for the primary prevention of family violence in Geraldton.
The initiative is guided by the CRE Action Plan (the Plan) which is made up of three phases that build up to the consistent whole of community approach required to affect lasting change to the accepted social norms, practices and structures that enable the prevalence of family violence.
A Reference Group was established in 2016 with key agencies and representative bodies to provide high level community leadership for the CRE initiative and the Plan. The Reference group continue to meet monthly and lead the implementation of the actions that sit within the Plan.
As of November 2018, the current CRE Reference group organisations or businesses are:-
- City of Greater Geraldton
- Department of Communities
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Aboriginal Family Law Service
- MEEDAC (Midwest Employment and Economic Development Aboriginal Corporation)
- Headspace Geraldton
- 360 Health and Community
- WA Country Health
- Women Inspiring Better Business
- Ngala Mid West-Gascoyne
- WA Police
- Desert Blue Connect Inc.
- Western Australian Centre for Rural Health
- Mid West Ports Authority
Desert Blue Connect provides services in the areas of family violence, women’s health, primary prevention, crisis accommodation for women and children and rural support services.
Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 016 781 Toll Free